August. Ooh, August. You chaotic, weather-crazy, spiritual, great month you. It was still quite hot, but we caught breaks… When I think of August, I think of leaves starting to fall… Which didn’t happen a lot this month, but August was still great. 😉
And pretty busy, too! 😀 So, without further ado, time to ramble!
- Healthy changes. My family and I have all made a big push into living healthier. We have many more things to do, but we’ve made changes and they’re helping already! Drinking more water, taking days to rest (as Yahweh says in the Bible), eating healthier (less bread. The bread we eat is Ezekiel bread, made from sprouts- also like how Yahweh instructs)… Yahweh has really put it on us to be healthier. So we have been trying to listen, and He gives us strength and wisdom to obey!
- We started school. It is soo great! I love how things are going. We never really did a strict curriculum thing or whatever for a long time- so this year, we started something new… And I really like it. 🙂 We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (And I’m gonna need a lotta strength, because math and I… tears ensure sometimes. ;D) I’ve really enjoyed the Bible studying- I actually think writing some ‘posts’ about what I’m learning, and what parts of Yeshau’s Word really touches me at this time in my life… It would be a nice thing to do! 🙂 So, I’ll run it by Ma.
- Nearly stepped on a baby copperhead. Oh, haha, did I mention? While Ma, Tory, and I were walking- Ma nearly stepped on a baby copperhead snake. It looked dead- of course, we knew these suckers can play dead if they want… So we crushed it with some rocks. It was dead then. ;D But yeah… And we found a SUPER LONG snake skin in our garage- we’re pretty sure it was a black snake skin, but… Where did the snake go?! *freaked out* Yeah… Anyway…
- Led Taloowa! More pictures here, and a video I got here! 😀 I love Taloowa so much, I am so grateful to Yahweh! (Haha, note in the video, that was Ma saying ‘Rocky!’… Rocky is a funny boy when others are out and about, he’s very curious. ;D)
- Ordered books. OK, so I was freaking out because how do I choose which books to get? As soon as I went to shop… I felt distasteful. Like every book didn’t seem that good. No, I wasn’t getting money sour. I was just seeing how few books have Yeshua as the core. How the authors weren’t Christian, and how the stories didn’t have Good and Bad… I was sick and tired of that. So, I went to Ma, and we found some good books! 😀 ♥
- Archery! Yess. Have some photos!
- I can use chopsticks! I could use them before, but now, I’m almost a chopstick pro! ;D I can eat a lot with them- grits, quinoa, chicken, green beans… ;D And they’re useful, because they pick apart casseroles easier. xD
Some Nights, Fun
Hall Of Fame + Man Who Can’t Be Moved, The Script
Free! soundtrack (A Boy In The Water)
Haven’t had a ton of time for TV, but we watched ‘The Time Of The Doctor’ again… It’s been at least 2 years? And I cried again. I’ll never not cry with that episode. My dear Doctor… That show started to just be trashed. It started with Eleven, but he was the saving grace… The messages began to be bad, Clara was a downfall… And then, the sweet Doctor is gone. Replaced by some 12th doctor who is utterly… Let’s just say, the first episode he was in, the new season’s airing… My family and I gathered around… And 2 minutes into it, we could not continue. So yeah; my love for Eleven is deep, but Doctor Who is bad anymore.
Didn’t read a whole lot, but we started school, so that’s a minor excuse and also a kick start into reading a whole lot more! ;D
A.D. 30, by Ted Dekker. OK. OK. Oh my word. Oh goodness. *clears throat* When I finished this book at night, I wanted to yell and throw the book across the room. I couldn’t since my parents were asleep and so… I vented. 😉 Not to give any spoilers, but this book was vibrant. It was set in the time, I felt everything as if I was there- the desert, the feel of the time… I saw the characters. And Yeshua… His words were referenced directly from the Bible and He was as lively as He truly is. I loved this book and I have to read the next one, A.D. 33.
Letters To Malcolm, by C.S. Lewis. I read most of this on a car ride, and it was a good read! 🙂 I liked it.
Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers. Amazing. Heartwrenching. It hurt, it surprised me, it tore at you, you understood and yet sometimes, didn’t see the whole story. When you did… The pieces all came together. Healing took place, but only after the wounds were left gaping- which I loved and appreciated so much. This book had such lessons (it was inspired by the book in the Bible, Hosea)…. To see the story woven was incredible.
The Case For A Creator, by Lee Strobel. I read this one for school, and it was really good. I’m not a sciencey person- physics, molecules, the Big Bang- you lost me. But this book was written by Strobel, who was on the search to see if the universe has reason to be created. I am doing a report for this book for school.
That’s What The Old Ones Say, by Chief Joseph RiverWind. I started reading this a while ago, but picked it up again a few days ago. I finished it in 2 days. I. Loved. It. I loved how Chief Joseph brought in stories and old tales, and how he also weaved it into what’s happening today, and prophecies… It isn’t so different from ‘back then’, and the war is still being fought. I loved how YaHeWah was the spotlight, also. I LOVED to see the similarities to the Cherokee and the Hebrew; I have Cherokee in me, and to see how amazing Yeshua’s Seed has been passed down… I am very excited for us, as a family, to dig farther into our history and ancestry. 🙂
This book was a God send for me. It put something back on my heart, it reminded me I couldn’t shove this off for another year. Thank you, Chief Joseph. Your book in Yeshua showed me what journey is before me. ♥
So yep; that’s what I read this month. 😉 Yes, I started ‘The Negotiator’ and am a lover of it already. ;D Mini rant: OK, I used to love cop shows. Castle, NCIS, Criminal Minds- yeah. But after a while, they started lacking. Castle is winding down and the actors never seemed that good of ‘role models’ (I have no better way to describe it lol). NCIS got rid of my favorite people (I can’t start about that, I’ll cry). And Criminal Minds is still good, I guess- there are times where I roll my eyes and shake my head at some of what they say (sorry, dude, Halloween is soo not a Christian holiday….)…. But anymore, cop shows don’t appeal to me a whole lot. Why?
They kinda lose… I don’t know… It’s like I hate seeing people lonely. Seeing people be alone, and suffer, and have pain, and just keep going because it’s their ‘job’. Some of the stories get boring to me, but mostly- I want characters that are real, that are true- it makes me sad to see characters who don’t have hope, or joy, or love….
But yes, a small ramble, haha. xD I know it doesn’t seem to have any point with what I was saying, but what I mean to say is; so far, this series by Dee Henderson is going to be a ride, man!
World Of Writing
My ‘month’s rest’ of writing is over. 😉 I didn’t work on any books this month. Instead, I got a game plan together for Seek.
I was going to just rewrite the novel. I was going to start from the beginning again with Seek, just do it over. So much to add, editing, all that… But Ma said there was no reason. So, we talked, and decided that we’ll be printing a few pages at a time, and edit those- for school. I’m a bit unsure, I’d like to have the whole book printed so I can keep track right out, keep the whole picture, and remember what I need/want to add… But we’ll figure it out. 😉 But yes: with Ma’s (and everyone’s. I’ll be honest, my family is like a big team of Help and I have no qualms with dragging them in.) help, I’ll be editing Seek for school. Praying about it! 😀
And… Time to rant. ;D
Other than Seek, I have no other book I am writing. Or working on. Anything. Dark One, my beloved Dark One- I feel I cannot write you right now. In this time of life, I am not in the place. I have to have a home before I can write you. I think Yahweh is telling me that you need that, and I need that to write you- so for now, I won’t be weaving you out.
So… I told my Dad. I told him all the other story ideas I had… and how none of them wanted to be written right now. And as always, my amazing Dad listened and had something for me.
I won’t be doing NaNoWriMo this November, I told him, because SCHOOL and also Thanksgiving (because that takes a month). I’ll be way too busy with life. And Dad had this genius, fantastic, AMAZING idea: have a book that I could gather information from school.
I was sooo excited and still am, I thank my Dad and my Ma, because they’re helping me research and as always- my entire family is encouraging, inspiring, and I’m very grateful and thankful. ♥ I love y’all.
Basically, I have lots of planning, researching, talking with family, and praying to do…
But next book I’m going to write is about Native Americans, and a man accepted into their tribe. Probably sometime in the 1800’s. I know, not a lot of info. ;D
I am SUPER excited, because this kind of idea has been in my head for a while- and Dad had the best way to make it come true! 😀 So yes… I thank Yahweh for the new book, and I keep praying… But I believe the story will weave out, and I cannot wait to see this beauty be told. ♥ Right now, I’ve barely skimmed the surface with a little research, but I’m praying and I know Yeshua will give me the answers and so much more, if I ask and trust! This life is a journey, and I vision this book as a incredible journey in itself. For me, and for the story. I pray I can write it, weave it, as Yehovah sees it and how it feels in my heart. ♥
Yehovah… is with us on our journey. Life has been rather ‘difficult’- my family and I have been facing the Dark’s attempts of destroying us, of trying to weaken us, lie to us, and stop us. But JEHOVAH is our strength, our fortress, HE is our salvation and King. We pray, and we keep going with Him. This is the path Yeshua has put us on- nothing can stop us.
I am zealous. I am young. There is lots I do not know; but I want to learn. I make mistakes; but I want to follow YaHeWah. I want to go on this journey; with my family. The journey is vast and wide and beautiful and unknown- but I am HIS. Thus, I can be of good cheer.