It is over 90 degrees here (93 degrees, feels like 97. It’s supposed to feel like 109 this week…) and I’m too hot to do much writing this afternoon. Thus, I’ll be throwing this post together and hoping I don’t forget much. Here goes!
- Karate grill out! It was lots of fun and I watched Kody and some friends play football. And I chased kids around. 😛
- Pool party! We went to a friend’s house for a pool party and the PIZZA WAS FAB, TOO.
- I did get that ‘night walk’ in… Kody and I played music and walked our dirt road… there was also skipping and jogging. Fun!
- We helped a baby bunny. Kody caught the lil’ bun so my dog, Nana, wouldn’t get it. It was very cute, y’all.
- SONIC SLUSHIES! Us girls took Mom to get her hair cut (she looks GORGEOUS) and we also stopped at Sonic. Y’all have got to try the cranberry Sprite. Yum and very summery. 😛
- Ranch work, as usual. Kody also caught a black snake (AHH!) and we released the spirited little dude far from our chickens. Speaking of chickens, the two little hens that survived the ‘rac attack’ (we had thirteen small dominique hens… all but two were killed/taken) are doing well. The one with the wing injury, I named her Icarus, is healing nicely.
- FIREWORKS! We went to a fireworks show and it was EPIC!
WORLD OF WRITING
What a month for the world of writing, y’all! I’ll try to keep this pinpointed.
- I am publishing The Thief, The Damsel, And The Dragon this July! It will be published sometime during the first week of July (I’m waiting for the proof copy to arrive right now! Eep!) and the blog tour runs 2nd-7th (Monday-Saturday). Kell is hosting the blog tour launch, and I can assure y’all, it’s gonna be epic. There’s a giveaway, too! I really worked hard — along with my betas and formatter from Inside Out Designs — this month to get the baby published… I’m super excited!
- I wrote a flash fiction called Homeward. Which wasn’t intentional. But, still. I’ll be sharing it soon, if y’all wanna read it?
- Getting Seek ready for Camp (again!). For Camp NaNo, I’ll be finishing Seek’s final draft. I really have to finish it and have it done… That part of my life is at a close, and the novel needs to be, also. I also have amazing friends urging me to finish (y’all rock!) and I can’t wait to write some twists *gasp* in this final draft!
- I plotted more for HELLFIRE. I’ll be working on HELLFIRE during Camp NaNo, as well… Here’s a snippet, too!
somelots of story ideas down. I have plenty of jotted ideas down, folks. But this exercise was I put my Spotify playlist on shuffle and wrote mini blurbs for each song. Each story idea is inspired by the song (not necessarily the lyrics, just the story idea that popped into my head).
- Worked on a serial story. I am in the works of getting this unnamed story plotted, named, and written… When I first started my blog, I did a serial novella, and then deleted it (yeah. It’s gone forever. OOPS.)… But I’m considering doing another now! What do y’all think? Would you read it?
I reached my original reading challenge of 50 books, so I upped it to 60. Nothing profound, I know, but I don’t want to stress out over numbers. 😛 But I read ten (not including my own novella) books this month.
Noah Primeval, by Brian Godawa | 4/5
Anne of Windy Poplars, by L.M. Montgomery | 2/5
Disowned, by Sarah Addison-Fox | 4/5
Dissemble, by Sarah Addison-Fox | 3/5
Mortified, by Sunny Houk (short)
Faith, Hope, And Love: Welcome Home, by Michaela Bush | 4/5
Faith, Hope, And Love: My Compass Home, by Michaela Bush | 4/5
Horseman, by Kyle Robert Shultz | 4/5
The Last Battle, by C.S. Lewis
- Publish TT,TD,TD. Wow, y’all… I’m still not used to this… actually publishing. =D Very fun. And lots of work. But I pray this novella touches someone!
- Read Bible 2x daily. Which, I mean, I do consistently anyway but still.
- Work the horses.
- Butcher chickens. Haha. Yay.
- POST A VLOG, ANGELA.
- ROCK CAMP NANO! Yay! The Chatter Box is busting at the seams but if any of y’all wanna sprint/word war or just chat… hit me up! Here’s my Camp NaNo account.
- Become a purple belt. My karate exam is the 21st… I gotta start studying the book. Whew.
- Survive the heat. Somehow.
- LIVE. Because it is summer and we gotta be bold, folks! Gotta enjoy the little things and take it all in! ♥
That’s a wrap, folks! Hope y’all have a blessed 4th of July and a great weekend. =)